Tuesday, April 14, 2009

RENOVATION

I like everything about house renovation, not only renovation but all small accessories for the house. I would save up my money just to buy bits and pieces for my house. I don't shop for clothes but i do spend money on house magazines, pillowcases, vases, lamps, sofa, frames, shelf, etc. It's very obvious from links that i have on my daily read, all about houses and interior. I love this particular couple on ThisYoungHouse who renovated their house and often share tips on DIY projects.

I got very excited on doing small house renovation or any DIY project. Last weekend we finally had a chance to fix our (very small) backyard after 3 years!!! Well, it's not finished yet, still ugly but it looks different now, and i can at least put a smile on my face whenever i see my backyard hehehe :P. I made some cushion covers as well, i found this fabulous damask fabric at Spotlight and they are my new babies now :P







Last night i had a chat with my good sister, she knows everything about my problems and she often shares good stories or encouragement that's really uplifting. I told her that my life currently is like a big fat mess. I'm still recovering slowly from what had happened, i don't know when my life will be back to normal again after i lost my son. Our coffee shop project is still in the progress and it's been dragging for a long time, we really cant predict the outcome. And i have resigned from my current job. So, if the coffee shop project doesn't go through, i will be jobless and still have to pay the mortgage. The mortgage itself, i feel like killing the mortgage broker now for wasting my money for their stupid mistake *sigh*. On top of all these, me and Indra became very sensitive, so little things can easily trigger an argument.

Anyway, she shared with me that our life is like a house renovation. God is renovating our lives at the moment and He hasn't finished yet, that's why it looks messy and ugly (just like my backyard). Sometimes, when me and Indra do our small DIY project, we got tired during the process and we decided to continue the project for next time, but then we forgot about it (that's what happened with our front yard fence, with only half of it painted) and I'm glad that God doesn't get tired in renovating us, otherwise we will be left as ugly as my fence!

The fact that God is pruning and shaping us right now brought us joy, He still loves and cares for us and He wants us to get better and stronger. Before doing the renovation, we usually draw or make a sketch of what we want for our garden or house. I believe it's the same with God, i know He has designed or drawn something more beautiful for our lives and He is starting His project now. We just have to be persistent and be steady, believing that God is not finished with us yet.
Yesterday, we said "we've had enough!! that's it!!" but thank God we decided to keep moving, otherwise His beautiful project will never gets done.

In less than a week, i will turn 26. I can see my life from 2 different angles.
1. Gosh, why do all these things happen to me in my early life? I shouldn't experience these now, how am i going to live the rest of my life with big emotional scars in my heart? and keep complaining why God is so unfair or
2. God thinks that i am strong, that's why He started His project now not later. He wants me to flexible and stronger now, not later. He wants to make me more beautiful now not later. How great is that? i should be grateful for all of these then? :)

I'm not good in writing and telling stories, but i just hope that one day i will be able to look back and read this, and be amazed of what God has done in my life. Thanks again sista for sharing :)

1 comment:

kel said...

Hi:) I came across your blog and what an inspiration you are. I can't imagine what you are going through and after all that, it's so encouraging to read that you remain strong in your faith. God is doing a great job in your life. He's preparing you for something big and beautiful (James 1:2-4) Continue to focus on God's grace and give thanks for all that we have. :) Keep your eyes on the doughnut and not upon the hole :)