Thursday, November 8, 2007

.: THE DAY :. (Part.1)

Early morning, around 4am my alarm went off.
"God, this is the day..no more counting down.."
I still felt tired, but i couldn't close my eyes any longer, i was too nervous and excited.
The door bell rang, Tante Lany the make up artist came around 4.30am, i asked my mom to get ready first. While T.Lanny doing my mom's make up, i tried to practice the vows for the ceremony.

Yup i decided not to memorize it, just in case i got very nervous and blank in front of the church (knowing that im really bad with public speaking). At first, i asked Indra whether we want to use the standard vow, and he confidently said "No". He said it's not romantic and not personal. So i said "Ok..yeah yeah...whatever". I know in the end, he would be so busy and forget about the vow, and ask me to get the standard vow :P. And....i was right!!! Hahaha...

I asked him few days before we printed out the liturgy.
"Have you created the vow yet?"
"I dont think i have time for that, maybe we should use the standard one"
Knowing that this would happen, i actually have prepared the vow. So, we used the same vow for each other but customized. And just to avoid blank-ness hahaha, i asked Pastor Iwan to read that for us.

Around 6am, it was my turn.


It was really bright, no cloud, no rain!!! i felt relieve. God heard my prayer!!!!
But then, 30 mins later, rain started coming down quite heavy, and the cloud was dark.*Sigh*
Then, it was bright again 15 mins later...arggghhhh. It happened few times that morning. And somehow inside my heart, i didn't feel worry about the weather. I knew that my day is in God's hand, whatever happen that day will be according to His plan, and His plan is perfect.

Around 7.30, i finished the make-up. Time to put on my 'kebaya'. I've been waiting to wear it for a year!!! i love my kebaya!!!. My kebaya was ready, my mom ironed it the day before.The kebaya looked fine at first, but then my mom noticed that the skirt was too big!!! I lost weight eventually!!! and i should've tried it the day before!!
I always checked my weight on the scale, and i was sure that i maintained a constant weight. But apparently i tried the kebaya the first time in Indo, and i was weigh more at that time. Then my mom just put a pin at the back of my skirt, thank God, it didn't lose during the ceremony.

At around 8.00am, Wayne and my brother came from the florist to pick up our bouquets and corsages. I used a florist in Subiaco market and she is not that wellknown, me and Indra looked around for florist, not based on how wellknown their business are, but more to the person and the way they handle flowers. I found her in Subiaco market, her price range is cheap compare to others, the normal wedding bouquet will cost you around 160-200 dollars. She only charge 100 dollars for the bride bouquet and 50 dollars each for the bridemaids bouquets. She doesn't have sample photos of bouquet or floral arrangement that she created before, so i couldn't really see or choose which one i want. But somehow, i had this confidence that the bouquet will turn out great.

At first, i wanted to have Calla Lilies, because it's simple and beautiful. But then, Calla Lilies only bloom during winter if im not wrong, the point is she can try to get Calla Lilies in October but will cost me a lot more and she can't guarantee she'll get it. So, i browsed in the internet for my bouquet, i prefer to have the sample picture of what i want, so there will be no mistake. But after browsing and browsing for so long, i still couldn't decide what flowers i wanted. Rose is beautiful and easy to get but very common. Finally, i decided to go with white Lilies and white Orchid. I have little knowledge about flowers, i've never seen them together, but i need to decide very soon, so i go with them. For bridemaids bouquets, i chose pink Lilies and white Orchid. I had no idea or picture in my mind, how the bouquets will turn out.

That morning, when i saw my bouquet, i was surprised and relieved!!! They are beautiful and gorgeous!!! I wouldn't ask for any other bouquet than that. Here they are:

Wow, recaping the moments is not easy, i tried to note down all the little details so when im old, this blog can remind me every details, feeling and emotion that i had on my wedding day.
I will continue the story in Part.2

2 comments:

AudaciousAttempt said...

OhmiGod!!!! it turned out more gorgeous than i expected and you look absolutely HOT!!! and soooo BEAUTIFUL!!! and the wedding pictures, the boxes and invites.. just about EVERYTHING... was sooo gorgeous!!! its probably one of the best wedding preps I've ever seen! (sorry to stalk you like this! hahaha) honest.. I'm not actually stalking.. i was really honestly just trying to figure out how to get an anne avantie kebaya!!!

but congrats!! its been probably over a year now.. but the wedding was gorgeous! Good luck and all the best!

Anonymous said...

oh btw.. that was me.. nadhirah...