Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A month to go...

Today is the 20th of September, exactly 30 days from the Day.

In 30 days....i will be someone's wife.
In 30 days....i will spend the rest of my life with him.
In 30 days....i will vow to be by his side no matter what.
In 30 days....i will be mrs instead of miss.
In 30 days....i will have a new and greater responsibility.
In 30 days....i will no longer dependant to my parents.
In 30 days....i will enter a new stage full of compromise and tolerance.

Invitations have been distributed, no turning back!!!

I'm happy with the way everything goes, all my friends helped me with the preparation and now we just need to finalise things.

One thing that makes me a bit sad is i've never had a chance to be close to my parents.

During the high school life, as a normal teenager, i hung out more with my friends rather than stay at home and spending time with my parents. My days were filled with me fighting with my dad. It was cool to rebel back then.

When i almost finish my high school year, i moved to Perth by myself. Life was so full with new challenges and excitements. Due to the expensive living in Australia, i only went back to Indo once a year and rarely called home. I was getting used by living alone without my parents.

Finishing Uni, i went straight to work. It made more difficult for me to go home, i had to save the annual leave and money. My parents work hard in Indo, they only came here for my graduation.
I remember asking my parents when will they visit me, they said 'Finish your uni first and then we'll come for the graduation'. Finally they came and i remember when my dad said he was very proud of me because i didnt live comfy life here, very tight with money, yet i can finish my study on time and got job straight even before the graduation ceremony. He said eventhough he is not rich in money but he is rich with proud.

Now that im going to get married, i called home very often and made me even closer to them. It's sad isn't it? you are closer to someone when you know you are going to let her go to a man.
I wish i can rewind the time a little bit so i can spend more time with them as their daughter not as someone's wife.

If you are not married yet, use your time wisely, be close to your parents, so there will be no regret.

3 comments:

Oh for the love of food! said...

Hi Fang-Fang! That was a very touching post, it made me cry you naughty girl! HA!HA! Whether you are single or married, 11 or 45 you will still be your parent's daughter. There's no need for regrets, they are still around, maintain your newly found good relationship with them, keep in touch, love and cherish them and visit when you can.
I am so honored to be invited to your wedding, thanks, Fang.

AbigaiL said...

Fang, you also made me cry.. hiks! Reading your post, I remember how I cried quietly every nite before my big day. At that time, I suddenly had feeling I didn't want to get married anymore.. suddenly I had doubt if he would treat me as good as my parents..

It's normal, Fang.. it's just a pre-wedding syndrome that every girl should experience. After that, I feel that after-marriage life is no different. I still have freedom as much as I used to have. It's even better coz you're no longer alone when problems come, you'll feel stronger when you know that someone is by your side. Believe me, you are still your dear mum's and dad's little daughter.. forever.. :)

Melisa & MUU2MUU said...

Fang, your blog is very very touching
Coz I feel like the same way at this moment! I'm away from my parents, they are in oz n i'm in indo
i feel i'm too busy with my works n don't really talk to them much.. rarely call home n when they call i don't really talk much coz i'm soo busy doing this n that!
but now i realize how much i miss them!
the freedom they give me.. understanding n care for they show to me..
eventhough, i stay with my in-laws but you will not have the same feeling when you are at home!
Your blog really makes me missed home, PERTH.. home where i stayed for the past 9 years