Saturday, March 14, 2009

EM'S MEMORIAL SERVICE

Last nite we held memorial service for my son,it was exactly 1 month since he was born.
We had around 17 people coming,they are our closest friends.
I went home from the office around 4 and bought flowers for the service.
I put Em's box on the small table with his teddy bear and blankets, I put his hand and foot prints on the frame.
The day before I bought a blue knitted blanket and white teddy bear,being my first toy that I bought for him.

It started around 6.45 and Ps Mike lead the worship, we sang 'Through It All' and 'He's Been Good'.
I haven't gone to church for almost 2 months and I forgot what it feels to worship God so it was so good to sing and worship Him.
I did cry listening to the words 'You never let me go,through it all...', I might don't feel it in times like these but I know for sure that He never let me go.
After that Ps Daniel opened with a prayer before delivering a short devotional.

There was 1 point that opened my eyes,he said that we all think that the world that we are living in now is the world of the living and when we died we go to the land of the dead,
But it's actually the other way around, we are living in world of the dead as we all will die someday and we will continue to the world of the living which is the heaven.
We will live together with Jesus where there is no tears and sadness anymore.
And for Em, he skipped the world of the dead and went straight to the world of living.
It strengthened me a lot, I can be sure that Em is with Jesus now and is happy and healthy, he is in the best place possible. He is playing with Jesus right now and watching his mommy and daddy from above.

After Ps Daniel finished the devotional, me and Indra came up and said thank you to the guys for coming and I read out the letter that we wrote for Em.
It was our first letter for Em, we miss him so much and hoping that he heard us.
Seeing people cried while we were crying truly made us realize how Em is loved by our friends and it brings comfort and joy to us.
I asked people to write short note or letter to Em and they put the letters into the box and some of them read out their letters.
It was so moving,I really hope and pray that Em could see and hear all the letters.

Baby Em,
Were you here last night?
Did you see how your uncles and aunts love and miss you so much?
I bought you a little white teddy bear, it's the first toy that i bought for you.
I hope you like it :). I also put the unfinished blanket that i knitted for you in the box. They all said that you looked like me, and im so proud of you.
We still miss you like crazy, but i know you are with Jesus now, and im sure you are sitting on His lap probably watching me writing this blog.
I cant wait to see you again Em, will you remember me when we meet?
When we meet again, i will hold and kiss you as long as i can.
Em, can you ask Jesus to keep holding mommy and daddy's hands? we need Him the most right now.
Ok, mommy needs to sleep now..be a good boy...

Lots of love and kisses,
Mommy

3 comments:

Moments said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moments said...

We miss you very much our lil EM!! Jesus, we know you'll take care of him... there's no better place to be!! kl bandel omelin aja.

Daniel Indradjaja said...

Been lurking at your blog :-) I just want to say thank you for the memorial service. I've been encouraged reading your blog because I can see how real/honest you are in processing this awefully difficult times with your God. Will keep you in our prayers.