Sunday, February 10, 2008

Funny Valentine...yes it is funny!!!

Somehow, i hate Valentine....

For me, it has no meaning at all. You dont need Valentine to show your love and affection, you can do it everyday.
I told Indra yesterday "Dont give me flowers and dont take me to dinner on Valentine!"

Reason:
1. I dont like flowers, i dont know what to do with them. I cant take care of flowers and they will die anyway. Dinner, over the time, it becomes just a formality on Valentine. It's like you have to take your girl to dinner on Valentine, it's a must!!. Well, for some people, they do enjoy the dinner which is a really good thing. But for me, i cant even enjoy the dinner itself, we dont talk about sweet and romantic things but instead talk about work problem, stress, mortgage, etc which bring more missery on that day!! and plus....it's a waste of money!!

2. For me personally, everytime Valentine is approaching, it gives me pressure to think about what should i give to him, or what surprises should i prepare for him and deep down inside your heart, you're expecting the same from your partner.
And what happen if your partner doesn't prepare surprises or doesn't give you flower? Yeap..that's right..it hurts!

That's why i scrapped the idea of Valentine. It brings me too much anger and hatred over the years.

But hey, i decided to make a Valentine card for Indra, that's the best i could do.
I made this card while he was watching movie, for a surprise of course.
But in the end, i gave it to him last night, i didnt want to make it surprise because of the above reason.




2 comments:

kezia*anastasia said...

gorgeous card, dear!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that card is, you are very creative!