Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FAITH, HOPE, LOVE

I used this quote from the Bible "Faith, Hope, Love..and the greatest is Love" in our wedding invitation 2 years ago. Never thought that this quote would help me a lot during tough times. This posting relates to my previous posting "A Simple act of Love".

As you all know, i have moved on, but as a human being sometimes i still feel sad and down everytime i remember my son. It is not something that you can get it over in a night. I am still experiencing emotional rollercoaster now and then.

Last time i felt down, one of my church friends asked me if im ok. So i shared a little bit of my feeling. To be honest with you, i do feel angry toward God sometimes, i feel that He's been unfair to me, i feel abandoned by God, but I know God loves me for who i am and i truly believe that He has planned something bigger for me. Then this friend started to hit me back with what i've done wrong and what i should've done. I was shocked!
If you are speaking with someone who is grieving, would you bring up matters that hurts them the most? Would you try to point out their mistakes and telling them that these are the consequences? and giving them the idealistic speeches over what is wrong and what is right? Who are we to judge?

I told Indra what happened, and he was very upset as well. But he mentioned this quote to me, and it helps me a lot. He said "Faith, Hope, Love...and the greatest is Love", what's the point of having so much Faith but you dont have Love? The bible itself said that the greatest is Love. GOD is LOVE. If you can speak in tongue but you dont have Love, you'll only be noisy to God. It is very simple, Christianity is simple, LOVE, LOVE, and LOVE. Yet this LOVE often missing because of IDEALISTIC, HYPOCRISY and SELF RIGHTEOUS.

But i thank God for showing me these people, i promised that i will not let myself down again, and most importantly, not to act like them. It really helped me to stand on my feet again and continue my journey with Jesus, the true LOVE.

1 comment:

uung said...

cuekin aja c pang... masing2 orang punya idealisme yang beda2, ga bisa diterapin ama semua orang...