Wednesday, May 20, 2009

STORY BOOK

Pemberton trip was awesome!! only 5 of us went there but we had so much fun!!
We stayed at the Karri Valley Resort, and the place is as gorgeous as the picture i posted before. We stayed at the challet with 3 bedrooms overseeing the lake.
However i will not share the story now.

Maybe it's the after effect of great holiday, you know, after you had so much fun, you feel reluctant to go back to your ordinary life. Maybe that's what im experiencing now. As soon as we reached Perth, i felt down and sad, i didnt feel like going to work, and certainly i didnt want to face all these unfinished problems that im still having :(.

Negativities started to hit me, i kept asking myself and Indra why all these things are happening to us, we thought after we lost Em, at least God would take care of this coffee shop thingy, make it easier and smoother. What happened was the opposite, everything became so complicated. I actually lost my passion in getting the shop, i just want everything to end, now! im so tired and exhausted, mentally and physically! Deep down in my heart i asked "God, cant You just make it easier? especially after what had happened to us?" and i started to think that God just doesnt care of my pain and sadness.

This morning, i opened Our Daily Bread as usual, really hoping that i could find answer. I said in my heart "God, please talk to me, in any way possible". Then i read the verse from John 9:1-3, it goes like this:

"1As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" 3"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."

And it hit me again!
All these happened so that God's work might be displayed in my life!! He chose me specifically to experience these so that others can see how great our God is.
It's like God wants to make a story book, a book filled with stories and pictures showing His goodness and love. A book where He can draw a sketch, erase, re-draw and put stories in it. And that book is me. It hurts and ugly when He erases the drawing and sketches, but He uses the simple white book to show His marvelous works. He makes ordinary people become extra ordinary.

Not long after that, Adel sent us daily devotional about Vine and Branches. God is the vine and we are the branches, we dont need to try to be branches, we already are. In saying that, we have to know our position, that we are attached to the vine (God). Whatever we are facing now, we shouldnt be focusing on the condition but more to our position, we are attached to God and we should put our trust in Him.

It's really good to be reminded again and again that we are a conqueror, not a loser. Sometimes our problems overcome our ability to think clear, and slowly our focus has shifted. Our attention are drawn to our so called poor condition, but the truth is we are attached to Christ, we have everything we need, we are rich in Christ.

2 comments:

Moments said...

Thank you honey for your posting, it gives me extra strength that i need to survive. Thank GOD for you in my life!!. I love you so much: MMMUUAACCCHHH!!! <- i'll give you the tangible one at home :-) other readers: LOOK AWAY!!

AbigaiL said...

Fang, I love the verse so much!! It gave me strength too. Im happy to see you are getting stronger and tougher in Chris now. Keep it up, dear :)