Tuesday, August 19, 2008

BY REQUEST

Yes, this posting is by request :)
My dear friend Melissa asked me yesterday to update my blog hahaha... i've been quite busy for sometimes. But today, i dedicated this supposedly work hours to update my blog.

I know my blog contains random things, from wedding to sewing. But im glad if people get something from it. From the first time i created this blog, several people ended up in my blog when they searched for 'kebaya' online. They asked me information about kebaya and where they can get it. It really means something for me, to be able to give those information and ideas.

Most of them were looking for Anne Avantie kebaya as she is well known overseas too. Too bad that she doesnt have her own website, so the most we can get is her kebaya pictures on the internet but no contact or address whatsoever. Since i mentioned about Anne Avantie on my blog, maybe this is why they landed on my blog.

Anne Avantie's kebaya is beyond words!! gorgeous and delicate!! but of course, you have to pay the price for that :). That's why most of the time, i introduce them to Intan Avantie, Anne's daughter. Same quality with more affordable price.

Lately i found more great kebaya designers in Indonesia.
One of them is Djoko Sasongko from Surabaya and the other is Lenny Agustin from Jakarta.
Djoko has a website: www.djokosasongko.com
I am so proud of them, how they can re-create a boring, old, single colour kebaya to modern, elegant, and sexy kebaya by combining various fabrics and colours. I wish i have their talents! :P

I texted Intan and told her, several people from overseas are interested at her kebaya, she was so excited!

My dream is to wear Anne's kebaya one day :p

1 comment:

Audrey B's Crafts said...

yess.. SPECIAL REQUEST BY ME!
your blog is my only entertainment at work hahaha.. *keep telling you this* :P:P