Sunday, August 26, 2007

Answer

On Saturday, me and Indra went to see display homes, we are thinking of buying a block of land and build a new home. We are happy of what we have now in term of house, but i feel the current house is a little bit too small for 3 of us and Indra needs a space that he can use as a home office.

We calculated our finance and we're pretty sure that it's enough to build a house if we can lease the current house. So me and Indra decided to take a step of faith and try. We know that if God wants us to have this, then He will make a way. If not then, it's not His time.

But then, looking at the house price made our faith (maybe only mine) shrunk a little bit, i had this doubt that we can actually build a house. So on the way home, i asked Indra:

Me: 'Do u still feel God's involvement in our lives? cos i don't feel it as strong as it was before".
Indra: 'Of course, the reason why you feel that way is because your busy life doesn't involve God, not the other way around"
Me: '.........(silent but admitting that it's true)'

Then i tried to build up my faith again by remembering what He has done for us, i remember when we first time got together (4.5 yrs ago), none of us had car, we took bus everywhere we go. I was still in uni and he was starting his job from zero. We barely ate outside due to money constraint. We didn't give each other gift on birthday, only prayer.

In 3 years, God changed everything, we are in a different stage of life and we are forever thankful. It's true when your life goes smoothly, you tend to ignore His involvement in little things like waking up in the morning, enough food, friends and good job.

And God heard my doubt, on Sunday morning my sister went to school, my housemate went to church early, me and Indra still at home. Around 30 mins before we went to church, my housemate called Indra, she left something at her room and asked Indra to bring it to church. When Indra entered her room, he could smell something burning. He found out that the iron still on and a plastic bag was melting near the iron. (If my housemate read this, no im not angry at all, i know you didn't do this in purpose. This entry is just for sharing about God)

Indra told me what happened and i was stunned! God heard me, He is still with us, He still involves in our lives!! We were about to leave the house at that time, if God didn't intervene at the right time we would be homeless right now!! Can you image if my housemate didn't leave the docs at home? no one would know the iron still on.

I am no longer afraid of taking a further and bigger step because i know that He is with me all the time, no matter how busy you are and how flat your life can be, He will remain faithful in your life.

No comments: