Monday, March 19, 2007

The Dress...



I always thought that i'd got married in white strapless wedding dress, even Tasia drew one for me *still have it Tas*, i like simple and elegant dress. But, recently in Indo, there are so many brides wearing Kebaya Modern for wedding which look very elegant, i started to search the photos and pictures of this kebaya, especially the ones made by Anne Avantie, they are absolutely gorgeous!!! but when you look at the price...speechless.. (see pictures: beberapa contoh kebaya Anne Avantie yg bikin ngiler)

I showed my mom Anne's kebaya and she fell in love with her design, she insisted that i should make one with her *Gmn bisa nolak??*. But i dont want to spend that much money on the dress, so my mom looked for other designer and found out that Anne's daughter is designing kebaya as well, with of course cheaper price than her mom.

So, we went to Semarang, 5 hours with Honda Jazz from Purwokerto. She is very very young and talented, she's younger than me yet looks very mature. She knows exactly what her client wants, and makes it really quick and easy. Me and mom decided to have broken white kebaya, and im not gonna wear batik, i cant explain into details cos i havent seen it yet, im going back this June for the first and last fitting, hopefully it turns out as what i imagined *i will take photos this time*.

By the way, gantungan yg gw maksud di bagian punggung itu mirip seperti ini tas :P ,cuman warna putih, what do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I love your stories and am so glad to have chanced upon your blog because I have found someone who seems to share many of my thoughts and feelings. I'm a Malaysian Chinese living in Singapore getting married to a Singaporean Malay Muslim. ur wedding is in Oct this year. Like you I have always thought I'd get married with a strapless wedding gown but I'm now very tempted to wear the kebaya wedding gown instead.

Would you be so kind to share with me your research insights and experience in looking for the right wedding gown? I really love the Anne Avantis gowns but noted your comment about the price tag. My guess is Indonesia may be the more fertile place for this option than Singapore.

My email is joanne.esta@upyourservice.com and I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed hoping to hear from you.

All the best to Indra and you!

Warmest regards, Joanne

Anonymous said...

hey!!!

thats fantastic...i just became aware of anne avantie recently.. and have searched the net diligently for her.. yet all i could find are like.. more websites raving about her genius.. rather than an actual place to BUY her stuff!!! now that you've mentioned her price tag... that's getting a bit scary! hahaha but i just llooveeee her stuff! i really do... Im actually in Perth as well originally from malaysia...

is it OK.. if you let me know her daughter's contact details? and where to get anne avantie in indonesia? (I'm going to Indonesia at the end of this year... should be fun!)

if you have time.. do contact me?

nadhirah.jalani@gmail.com
All the best to you too!

I'm going to read through to your recent posts now.. to see how that kebaya turned out and your wedding too!!! cheers!

thanks!

BLOGnya keira said...

hi...
Interesting stories.
specally about ur telling us that anne's daughter in Semarang doin' the same job as kebaya designer.
well, can i have more information about that?
my hometown in Semarang and know i stayed in jakarta, but i never know its till i read ur blog...*lol*
i need the information cause i'm gettin' married in a next few month.i'm so confused with all the things and preparation.
so,...would u please....help me...

if u have time...please feel free to contact me at e_merd@yahoo.com

warm regards, erikha

Unknown said...

nike lebron 16
longchamp handbags
salvatore ferragamo belt
nike air max 90
nike epic react flyknit
calvin klein outlet
gucci belts
air jordan shoes
adidas store
adidas stan smith men